Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Chubz you have just been scared by some individual that has nothing to do with Burton into taking down all your hard work. I can almost garuntee that person was ****ing with you. If the schools had any problems with any of your videos the only action they would take first is contacting you directly and ask you to remove those videos. They will not throw a lawsuit on you right off the bat. POST YOUR VIDEOS BACK UP! IF NORTON OR ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATION DOES HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN THEY WILL CONTACT YOU PERSONALLY AND ASK THAT YOU REMOVE THEM. I am actually mad at you some now Chubz. You could have spoke up at any point and told us that the Norton Admin did not contact you. Now I must appologize to the Norton Administration for my posts on this matter. Had I known it was some dip **** fan picking on Chubz I would not have made those posts. Chubz you was just punked out by someone that more than likely knows nothing and just wanted to push you around. Anyone can get on here and tell you that their school will be taking action if you dont delete your videos but that does not mean it is true. I am really disappointed in you Chubz. You should know as well as any that there are some low lifes here that just want to cause trouble.

    Time to set the record straight. I am the one who first contacted Chubz about the videos. I sent him a PM stating that people were asking who he was and wanted to know his name. I was not out trying to bully anyone. I wanted to let Chubz know in advance that people were looking and that the VHSL had been in contact with people at Burton about the videos. It was just a friendly suggestion to Chubz to let him know and that the decision was his from here on out but I just wanted to let him know the situation because I like his work and didn't want to see the situation get out of hand. So you can call me whatever you want, dip **** fan or whatever you called it. I wasn't trying to bully anyone so you can come off that stuff. What happened from that point out was all speculation from different members on this board who really didn't have a clue what was going on and it just snowballed from there.

    So there is the story, and all my information was coming from a source pretty close to the situation. From this point on I probably won't post on this board anymore because it just isn't the same as it used to be.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Time to set the record straight. I am the one who first contacted Chubz about the videos. I sent him a PM stating that people were asking who he was and wanted to know his name. I was not out trying to bully anyone. I wanted to let Chubz know in advance that people were looking and that the VHSL had been in contact with people at Burton about the videos. It was just a friendly suggestion to Chubz to let him know and that the decision was his from here on out but I just wanted to let him know the situation because I like his work and didn't want to see the situation get out of hand. So you can call me whatever you want, dip **** fan or whatever you called it. I wasn't trying to bully anyone so you can come off that stuff. What happened from that point out was all speculation from different members on this board who really didn't have a clue what was going on and it just snowballed from there.

    So there is the story, and all my information was coming from a source pretty close to the situation. From this point on I probably won't post on this board anymore because it just isn't the same as it used to be.
    Well then I appologize to you also and thank you for coming forward. I got into this crap more than I should have. So if anyone is a dip **** I guess that would be me. I still dont think Chubz should have deleted any games prior to 2010 or any games this year that Norton was not involved in. I also withdraw my appology to the Norton Administration since they have contacted the VHSL. It is very simple for Norton to contact Chubz and ask him to remove any videos with them in it. Instead they took an approach that caused him to delete all videos.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Well then I appologize to you also and thank you for coming forward. I got into this crap more than I should have. So if anyone is a dip **** I guess that would be me. I still dont think Chubz should have deleted any games prior to 2010 or any games this year that Norton was not involved in. I also withdraw my appology to the Norton Administration since they have contacted the VHSL. It is very simple for Norton to contact Chubz and ask him to remove any videos with them in it. Instead they took an approach that caused him to delete all videos.
    I appreciate that Jason and thank you. I am not 100% sure on this but I don't know that it was Burton who contacted the VHSL but the other way around. Someone evidently reported that there were Regional / State games on the site not recorded by VHSL themselves. And I don't think it was someone in the Burton Administration. Once contact was made then all the other videos started popping up.

    I agree with you that Chubz shouldn't have to take down all his videos. IMO, the full games are a little much, however, the short videos IMO are just fine. Also ones from prior to 2010 season are just fine as well.

    I appreciate the videos because there are times when I can't be there or someone in my family can't be there and they get to see highlights from the game.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    I'm as close to this as UT, and he has how this happened explained, people reached out to us wanting us to reach out to Chubz because of the playoff videos and askd to remove those because they involved John I. Burton, then the Clintwood State Game against Franklin is what they want down because it is something the VHSL holds rights to about what can or can't be done with it as far as any playoff games and prevent any action having to be done.
    There is nothing wrong with past season's video's of regular season games being up, but as far as this years that's something that some of the LPD coaches dont care at all about and others do care what is posted as they are rules in place.
    It was explained to me yesterday anyone wanting to film a football game has to have permission of the home schoo'sl administration and head coaches of both teams, that it is in the LPD coaches association for the LPD, part of the trading game film clause and when NTV was filming and showing games and was adopted back around 89 or 90 in the rules/bylaws.
    This is standard practice for this area, upstate it's totally different by district or Region.

    I again extend an invitation to Chubz either me or UT would be more than willing to see what we could to to help you out about your doing filming for us if you would like either for an highligh film or a second view for coaches

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    hmm, probably could have saved a lot of *****ing and fighting and name calling coming out earlier and saying that. thanks though guys this clears up a lot of stuff! take care
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton at Appalachia [Video]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sat_morning_QB View Post
    I'm as close to this as UT, and he has how this happened explained, people reached out to us wanting us to reach out to Chubz because of the playoff videos and askd to remove those because they involved John I. Burton, then the Clintwood State Game against Franklin is what they want down because it is something the VHSL holds rights to about what can or can't be done with it as far as any playoff games and prevent any action having to be done.
    There is nothing wrong with past season's video's of regular season games being up, but as far as this years that's something that some of the LPD coaches dont care at all about and others do care what is posted as they are rules in place.
    It was explained to me yesterday anyone wanting to film a football game has to have permission of the home schoo'sl administration and head coaches of both teams, that it is in the LPD coaches association for the LPD, part of the trading game film clause and when NTV was filming and showing games and was adopted back around 89 or 90 in the rules/bylaws.
    This is standard practice for this area, upstate it's totally different by district or Region.

    I again extend an invitation to Chubz either me or UT would be more than willing to see what we could to to help you out about your doing filming for us if you would like either for an highligh film or a second view for coaches
    It has been a while, but my last trip to a state game- I was approached by a guy claiming to be authorized to film that game and he was the ONLY source of film. He was dressed pretty well, to match his role. I didn't take him serious enough at the time, but perhaps this is where the schools are headed.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •